Drivers traveling over Interstate 90 east of Snoqualmie Pass next week need to plan for an hour of added travel time for rock blasting closures.
The Washington State Department of Transportation and contractor crews will close I-90 in both directions from Hyak (milepost 54) to the Price Creek Sno-Park (milepost 61) from 7:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m., on Tuesday, June, 5, Wednesday, June 6 and Thursday, June 7. This work is weather dependent and is subject to change.
Drivers may also experience delays during the day next week due to rolling slowdowns from Hyak (milepost 54) to the Keechelus Lake vicinity (milepost 62). Exit 54 westbound is closed 24 hours a day from Monday morning until Saturday morning.
Drivers will be relieved to know that daytime closures between Easton and Cle Elum are over. However, crews will be closing lanes at night from 7 p.m. to 9 a.m. Monday through Thursday to continue work to replace concrete panels in the westbound and eastbound lanes.
Drivers can use the following tools to better plan trips across I-90 this summer:
- NEW! Watch an animated video of construction impacts.
- Visit the What’s Happening on I-90 Web page for up-to-date information on construction projects, traffic impacts, travel graphs and to sign up for email updates
- Visit the Snoqualmie Mountain Pass Web page for real-time travel information and to view traffic cameras
- Check the weekly Construction Updates Web page and Traffic Web page for region-wide updates
- Tune into the Highway Advisory Radio at 1610 AM and 530 AM
- Call the I-90 construction hotline at 888-535-0738 or 511
|< Prev||Next >|