Drivers should also plan for added travel time east of the pass
Rock blasting on Snoqualmie Pass is going to take place later at night next week and drivers not only need to prepare for an hour of added travel time for blasting, but for construction east of the pass on Interstate 90.
The Washington State Department of Transportation will close I-90 in both directions from Hyak (milepost 54) to the Price Creek Sno-Park (milepost 61) from 7:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m., Tuesday, May 22, and Wednesday, May 23. This work is weather dependent and is subject to change.
There is only one more week left of daytime lane restrictions near Easton. Drivers need to plan for delays on I-90 Monday through Thursday, due to daytime single-lane closures in both directions. To improve weekend traffic flow, crews will open one extra lane to eastbound traffic on Fridays and Saturdays and westbound traffic on Sundays.
Drivers will experience minor eastbound delays on I-90 near milepost 45 on Friday night, from 9 p.m. to 7 a.m. due to a single lane closure. Starting Saturday morning, May 19 through the next couple of months, traffic will be reduced to two lanes with narrow shoulders. Crews are working to repair the Bandera Bridge near North Bend after being hit last month.
For more information on I-90 projects, visit the I-90 Snoqualmie Pass East – Hyak to Keechelus Dam project page, and the I-90 Lake Easton to Big Creek Project page.
Drivers can use the following tools to better plan trips across I-90 this summer:
- NEW! Watch an animated video of construction impacts.
- Visit the What’s Happening on I-90 Web page for up-to-date information on construction projects, traffic impacts, travel graphs and to sign up for email updates
- Visit the Snoqualmie Mountain Pass Web page for real-time travel information and to view traffic cameras
- Check the weekly Construction Updates Web page and Traffic Web page for region-wide updates
- Tune into the Highway Advisory Radio at 1610 AM and 530 AM
- Call the I-90 construction hotline at 888-535-0738 or 511-
|< Prev||Next >|